One thing that’s not optional at your Super Bowl party? Chips and dip! Double-dipping? Well, that’s up to your discretion.
Here are some tasty dip ideas to distract yourself just in case the game goes south. And the best part? They all pair perfectly with crunchy, delicious Flock Chicken Chips!
Tex-Mex style queso is a staple at every Super Bowl viewing party. Substituting Flock for classic tortilla chips not only makes the recipe keto-friendly but also 10x more delicious!
In our opinion, the best cheese blend for queso is a mix of shredded American cheese and pepper jack. The American cheese keeps the dip nice and melty, creating that perfect dip consistency while the pepper jack kicks up the heat and adds some sharpness. We also suggest shredding your own cheese instead of buying pre-shredded bags. It majorly improves the consistency which is KEY in achieving that ooey-gooey queso goodness.
Original Flock would be our choice for this recipe, but BBQ or Salt + Vinegar Flock would be just as delicious!
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 12 oz. American cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Pepper Jack, shredded
- 1 c. milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 (4-oz.) can green chilis
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- Flock Chicken Chips!
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft (approx. 5 minutes). Add garlic and jalapeño and cook until fragrant (approx. 1 minute) Add cheeses and milk and stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes, green chilis, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with Flock Chicken Chips!
Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip
Honestly, we’ve never come across a dip we didn’t like. Heck, if it were up to us, we’d have dip for dinner! This hearty cheesy bacon spinach dip makes that dip dinner dream a reality.
Packed with fat and protein, this warm, gooey dip makes it a great keto option for your Super Bowl snack lineup. Pair it with Flock Chicken Chips to keep it low carb, and oh yeah, delicious!
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 oz. (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 lb. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- Flock Chicken Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook bacon until crispy in a large skillet over medium heat (approx. 8 minutes). Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and chop.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Fold in chopped spinach, bacon, Parmesan, and 3/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Transfer dip to a baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Bake until golden and bubbly (approx. 25 to 30 minutes)
- Serve with Flock and enjoy!
Marinated Olives and Feta
This dip recipe is proof that food doesn’t need to be complicated to be delicious! This olive and feta dip is so fast and easy that you can have it on the table within minutes of walking through the door.
- 4 oz. drained Castelvetrano, Cerignola, or other unpitted green olives
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 oz feta
- Flock Chicken Chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drain 4 oz. olives and place on a cutting board. Lightly smash with the heel of your hand just to break apart skin and flatten slightly.
- Smash 3 garlic cloves and peel.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove peel from 1 lemon in long wide strips.
- Cook lemon peel, olives, garlic, ½ cup oil, and ½ tsp. red pepper in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is sizzling and golden around the edges (approx. 5–7 minutes).
- Crumble 3 oz. feta into a shallow serving bowl.
- Pour oil mixture over feta. Let sit for at least 10 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Serve with Flock Chicken Chips and enjoy!
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip
The arrival of the Super Bowl also means the arrival of buffalo chicken dip season (whoo!) This low-carb and high-deliciousness dip is good enough that your guests might even look away from the TV for a minute to indulge.
Buffalo Chicken Dip + low carb veggies will always be a winner, but if you want an extra punch of delicious crunch, serve with Flock Chicken Chips too!
- 3 Shredded Chicken Breasts (seasoned as desired + cooked)
- 2 - 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 Cup of Ranch or Blu Cheese Dressing
- 2 Cups of Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Optional – Scallions for Garnish
- Serve with cut veggies (Celery, Carrots, Jicama Slices, Cucumber Slices, and Flock Chicken Chips!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ranch or blu cheese, cream cheese, ½ cup cheddar cheese, and hot sauce until mixed through.
- Fold in the chicken pieces and transfer to a 9x11 baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake the mixture uncovered for 25-30 minutes until the mixture is bubbly and browned on the top. Let it sit for a few minutes to cool down and serve with veggies and Flock!
With these dip recipes in your kitchen bag of tricks, serving up delicious and keto-friendly recipes for Super Bowl LV will be a piece of (low carb) cake!