February 11, 2021
Keto Cauliflower Mac & Cheese (By @MommaGCooks)
Name a better comfort food than mac & cheese … I’ll wait.
Okay still waiting … no answer? Well good, because a better dish DOES NOT EXIST!
Thank goodness some kitchen geniuses out there came up with a low-carb way to enjoy this classic comfort food using cauliflower of all things! Below you’ll find @mommagcooks’ cheesy and extra tasty spin on the classic dish. Check out her TikTok for more low-carb and high-deliciousness recipes.
“Mac” & Cheese
- 40oz cauliflower (steamed)
- 8tbs butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded gruyere
- 1 1/2 cups shredded fontina
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack
- Save 1 cup of cheese for the top
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 bags crushed Flock Chicken Chips
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Clean your cauliflower, and cut into bite-sized pieces. Lightly steam, drain and set aside in your baking dish.
- For the sauce:
- On medium-low heat melt butter and slowly add coconut flour to create a paste like mix.
- Gradually whisk in almond milk and heavy cream until well combined and add seasonings.
- Add shredded cheeses, 1 cup at a time, and stir until melted.
- Now pour over your cauliflower and top the whole dish with 1 cup of extra cheese.
- Crush by hand or put your Flock into a food processor and mix with a ⅓ cup of parmesan.
- Sprinkle your Flock and parmesan mix over the top of your mac.
- Bake for 20 min and enjoy!