November 02, 2021
Thanksgiving Keto Green Bean Casserole
This Thanksgiving, you can turn veggies into the life of the party. And the best part is, you can stuff leftovers in an airtight container and they’ll make for great lunches in the days to come.
For our low-carb version, instead of making fried onions from scratch (because who has the time to do that!), or even worse, using store bought fried onions, take some Flock Chicken Chips to take the dish to the next level. You can also snack on them while making this casserole, along with the rest of your Thanksgiving dishes.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- 2 lbs green beans
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 bags of Flock Chicken Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the green beans. Blanch for 5 minutes, then remove the green beans and place them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add in the diced onion with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms. Cook until they soften too, for about another 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly stream in the stock, stirring the entire time. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the mixture is thickened and simmering.
- Stir in the cream until combined. Stir in the grated nutmeg and the parmesan cheese. Turn off the heat. Add the green beans to the cream mixture and toss to coat.
- Pour the mixture in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle on extra parmesan cheese. Top with crushed Flock chips (easily done in a zip lock bag).
- Bake the green beans for 20 to 25 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly and warm.
To make this delicious and low carb Thanksgiving dish, grab some bags of our Original Flock Chicken Chips.